Sunday, September 15, 2013

Observational Study week 9/9 - 9/15

This week, it has been cloudy most nights with little to no visibility. But there have been some days that, with the help of the star walk app, I have been able to see, identify and note things about stars and planets in the night sky over my house. By the time I am awake enough to even think about looking outside, the sun has already risen so need to do my observations at night. I have noticed that Venus and Saturn seem to be getting a little closer together each night and that I can see Mercury a little longer than I used to. I am also noticing that it is becoming increasingly easier to spot and link stars that make up constellations, such as Scorpius, Hercules and the Summer Triangle. Speaking of the Summer Triangle, when I was first able to spot it, I was surprised by just how bright the stars were that made it up. Now I can't even look at the night sky without automatically seeing it every single time. Like I said, it has been cloudy most nights this week, so I don't have many noticeable observations. But, I'll keep looking every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment