Saturday, December 7, 2013

Observational Study 11/25 - 12/7

It has been a while since I last made an observational post so I have made several observations to talk about. These weeks, I saw the moon go from waning crescent to new moon to waxing crescent all the while getting closer and closer to Venus until they were right next to each other. I have also been using computers and equipment to watch the movement of Comet ISON as I passed near the sun. I was able to see tons of stars and almost all of the constellations we have studied so far. I also noticed that constellations are changing position slightly every night until they are starting to fall below the horizon and out of view since we are getting into winter and out of fall. There were fewer clouds and it was dark enough to see quite a few things in the sky. On some nights, I went several times and noted the approximate positions of the things in the sky and could clearly see how they changed so much in only a few hours. All in all, not a bad two weeks for observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment