Saturday, October 12, 2013

Observational Study 10/7 - 10/12

This week was actually very good for viewing the stars. Like last week, I was able to see tons of stars and almost all of the constellations we have studied so far. This week ended with the moon being at waxing gibbous and nothing but clear skies all week. As Mr. Percival told us, I have been keeping an eye out for Venus' movements and noticed some changes. Using my own observations as well as the star walk app for assistance, I see that Venus is slowly moving away from the ecliptic as well as the moon each night. But I also noticed that constellations are changing position slightly every night until they are starting to fall below the horizon and out of view. Not much else has changed since last week, but I will keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment